View Single Post
Old 05.27.2015, 03:25 PM   #1221
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
had two teeth yanked, was a chipmunk for 24 hours, i'm straight now. still kinda sore and no solid foods (got root canals friday also) but i'm alright.

well you know how to make your basic pesto yeah? basil, pine nuts (i prefer walnuts), garlic, olive oil, parmesan

fine

but basil is not always around, pine nuts are suppa-expensive, walnuts aren't cheap either, parmesan rules but you can't find good one in a regular supermarket (f you do they charge a ton).

so, i'm trying to formulate an alternative/cheaper version-- you can make it with parsley (flat only, of course), but i'm trying to go further.

so far:
-cilantro instead of basil
-peanuts instead of fancy nuts. a 2lb jar of dry roasted planter's peanuts is $5 cheap at any walmart.
-garlic too
-olive oil too
-a squish of lime to play off the cilantro/peanut
-looking for a parmesan substitute for the umami. already tried red miso but it destroyed the flavor a bit. gonna try nutritional yeast next.

so there you have it but watch your blood-jellied sockets

in the meantime have some smoothies
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|