View Single Post
Old 12.04.2015, 11:18 PM   #1759
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I feel you on TPAB/Summer/etc. 100%.

I feel like a broken record, but TPAB is the better album. It's "better." But I'd much rather listen to Summertime.

For me, each year has this one album that just defines the year for me for hip hop. Good Kid, Long Live A$AP, My Krazy Life and now Summertime 06. It's like this clear lineage to me of these 'new' guys coming out and dropping insane records.

ALLA is really good though. I feel like it's a bit slept on because frankly it doesn't sound quite like Live.Love or Long.Live or even the other shit that A$AP Mob was dropping. It is a really unique record. I mean, something like "LSD" - who expected that song from Rocky? Not me. But it's dope.

I just think Rocky is exploring things right now. And to be fair, Yams' passing was probably very disruptive to the creative process to the whole Mob.

I do think that ALLA is better than anyone realizes right now. I think that is a serious grow-er record. It's a slowburn. But it's quality.

The biggest problem that Rocky & the Mob has is that they are severe perfectionists. Why do you think we still have no group album, nor Rocky's instrumental record that was supposed to drop over a year ago? This is both good and bad of course. It means that we get really solid albums, but it also means long passages of nothing. And the public is fickle and out of sight = out of mind for many.

It was a weird year tho. Most of my favorite albums were jazz. But if we're talking hip hop, well the year's not over but I feel full so let's go...

Action Bronson and Joey Bada$$ dropped excellent albums this year. And I loved that Welcome To Los Santos comp. I thought Drake's "mixtape" was damn good.

But I mean damn. This was a year where Lil Wayne, Ghostface and The Game each dropped 2 or 3 albums... and I couldn't seem to get into any of them. WTF?