View Single Post
Old 04.24.2016, 11:58 AM   #31
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I don't find it hard to believe that Prince had a habit. Most human beings do, whether it's to alcohol (2 drinks a day? Addict. Drink alone? Addict) or prescription pills, or whatever. Many people aren't even aware of the fact that their ambien or klonipin is habit forming. Just as many people don't think of their 3-5 beers after work at Friday's "count" as problem drinking. But the body doesn't care whether you're living responsibly or not. If you're putting addictive chemicals into your body, you eventually develop a dependency or an addiction. That's just how it is.

So I don't find it hard to believe that Prince had painkiller problem. Have you guys ever taken dilauded or fentanyl? I mean, shit... Opiates are objectively awesome, and they feel amazing. I can totally understand how and why someone would get hooked if they had the money to keep it going nonstop.

I'm even willing to buy that an overdose did him in. Why not? Why is it hard to believe this about Prince, but easy to accept with Michael Jackson, Kurt Cobain, Heath Ledger, Jeff Tweedy, everyone in Aerosmith, Guns n Roses and the Rolling Stones, Sid and Nancy and Davis and Coltrane and Any Winehouse, and on and on and on.. They're people! Prince was a person! He lied and fucked up just like everyone else.

What does it matter, is my question. Drugs or no drugs, the man is dead. Does this somehow make it less heartbreaking? Fuck you if you say yes. If Prince was a narcotics addict, then he was suffering in ways most people won't ever be able to imagine for a quarter century. Even if he did it silently. It's sad as hell, no matter what happened. Prince is dead, and that fucking sucks.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|