View Single Post
Old 06.01.2016, 04:02 PM   #1892
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Im surprised frankly last year when i saw them i was slightly disappointed it wasn't as good as several years back. Chino side projects have had the better stage shows in recent years. Crosses was insane in 2013 and Palms in 2014 was also really really good

Ya, they seem to be one of those hit or miss bands in these later years, especially from what I see people say and in live vids I watch. But I have to say, each tour for the last 8-10 years, their Oklahoma stops have been hits for sure. I have seen pretty much every tour through here since Around the Fur, with the exceptions of the Self-Titled and Saturday Night albums (That is when I fell out of love with them just a bit, but regained it with Diamond Eyes). That is also why I think I have been so impressed as well. Each show I go to thinking, "don't get your hopes up, this will probably be the one where they sound like shit," but they come out swinging.

Now, this also may sound odd, but I am sure you can empathize with what I am saying. The overall vibe is nowhere near the same as the early days for sure, but I think that is more with the audience growing older and not reciprocating the same energy level the band is putting out. As far as I am concerned, they (Chino specifically) is still as energetic and into it as he always has been. And last week's show solidified that for me. Even though, while their performance and shows are still great in my mind, nothing will top the first time seeing them on the Around the Fur tour of course. The energy created by both band and audience that show was just phenomenal, and a show I will never forget (especially that moment of realization that they were covering Slayer's South of Heaven. "What balls" I thought to myself).

But I digress... I guess my main point is to say "sorry your last experience seeing them has not been as good." But so far for me, late White Pony was their weak period live, and their Oklahoma shows keep getting better and better since then.

I am also damn jealous of the Crosses and Palms shows. Almost got to go to the Dallas Palms show, but something came up and could not travel. I love that damn album though. I imagine both those acts would have been good atmospheric live stuff...
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|