View Single Post
Old 06.28.2016, 03:20 PM   #290
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Her fiery denunciation of Trump. Obviously she's not wrong, but her snarky tone caught me off guard. The old Elizabeth would've been above such things. She's a damn fine mudslinger, but I'm surprised she slings mud at all.

Policy-wise, I have actually been a little afraid to dig into her Senate record, so no substance for you!

Why, has she done something laudable in her time in the Senate?

Look, I like her fine. If she's the VP pick I might even get off my ass and canvass. It's just that you wrote how much you liked her ("She's fucking great") and I thought, perhaps patronizingly, "Oh no. I hope he doesn't get his heart broken."

And I'm also thinking, "Yeah, I think she's fucking great too, but maybe I shouldn't think that about any politician."

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
I once got involved in local politics and saw how things really work--everyone wants something, everybody pulls in their own direction, and you have to negotiate and navigate that. It's ugly and it takes a certain type of person to enjoy it.

Funny. I went to school with someone who became a state rep. I used to smoke pot with the guy! Oh, the righteous rants he'd go on. Needless to say, his voting record doesn't reflect any of that.

I saw him after he was on the job for a while and it was obvious that the Real Him the Representative Him were two different people. I gave him shit. And yes, he explained he had to do this to get that.

What's weird is he said how he wasn't expecting this and how much he hated it, how the job of politics had made him cynical about politics. Yet he ran again and won. I'm guessing that in his mind, the position went from a "calling" to a "job," and doesn't nearly every job have its drawbacks?
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|