View Single Post
Old 11.19.2016, 12:06 PM   #19906
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
prison rape planet alien was good i thought

haven't watched it in years but yeah. had its original elements. that whole XYY business. and roc was good in it.

am i the only one who didn't like 2? alienZ or whatever?

AlienS is meh for me. Has some ok moments but as I said before it's NOT better than the original, though a lot of people seem to think it is.

I didn't like the multiple big gross alien dudes. It made the whole thing feel like a bit of a mess, compared to the singular, elemental terror of the first one. All those different shaped gross-looking, semi-phallic squirmy motherfuckers slip-slidin' around. Yuck.

And the robot thing. Dumb.

And Newt. I didn't give a shit about Newt and never cared why Ripley cared so much about Newt. Yuck.

I originally thought Alien 3 was pretty good (remember those awesome teasers for it from back in the day? "The Bitch is Back!") But I rewatched it a couple years ago and it really pretty much ate shit. It was directed by David Fincher, and I tend to like his "Simple man's Christopher Nolan" style, but ... it was just a bad, bad movie.

Alien Resurrection (the fourth) benefitted from the visionary direction of Jean-Pierre Jeunet (Amelie, City of Lost Children, Delicatessen, A Very Long Engagement... some of my favorite films ever!), and was a hoot in the theatre, but it didn't really feel like an Alien movie. It was interesting though. Seen it several times.

Now... I'm probably alone on this one, but I actually think PROMETHEUS was the best film to take place in the Alien "universe" since the first film. Why did people not like PROMETHEUS? It was Ridley Scot. It was epic. It was smart. It was fucking scary. It added to the mythology. Loved it. Suck my ass, Avatar, you overblown like of shit!

Looking forward to Alien: Covenant, the Ridley Scott helmed sequel to Prometheus.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|