View Single Post
Old 03.09.2017, 11:37 AM   #173
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
let me elaborate: Big was the better performer and linguist. But Pac was a more interesting character to me. And I loved more of his albums. Meaning, RTD was the only Biggie album that I played the hell out of. But Pac, I was super into Me Against The World, All Eyez, Makavelli..... it's just that as much as I loved those Pac albums, none were as loved by me as RTD.

Pac certainly had more good albums, yeah, and was the more interesting character. I agree. But he doesn't have anything that can compete with Ready to Die.

Really, though, I'm more of a Tribe and Wu-Tang guy as far as '90s shit is concerned. Taking about classic albums, the first two Wu albums and the first run of solo projects is nothing but. And ATCQ's entire discography kills pretty much everyone else's (pre-Kanye). So that's where my hip-hop attention was really focused in that era. Wu-Tang Forever is one of the only true rap double albums that feels like it needs to be a double album. Should have won that Grammy for sure, over both No Way Out and LAD.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|