View Single Post
Old 08.19.2017, 09:27 AM   #21411
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Forrest Gump was boring and artless, is all. It's just a pandering piece of tripe. It's like a product. Like a car designed to win those silly JD Power & Associates awards, and then lemon out two years later.

I guess as a dumbass little fairy tale it's fine, but it ain't no great or even good movie. Like I said, David Fincher did the whole thing bigger and better, from better source material and with a better end result, with the Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Big Fish is also basically Forrest Gump, only Tim Burtonized. That one is actually even worse. Ugh. I loathe those kinds of movies. Populist horseshit. Appeal to everyone, unsettle no one, inspire no thought, stand for nothing.

At least Benjamin Button was elegant and beautifully filmed.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|