View Single Post
Old 08.19.2017, 07:01 PM   #1564
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
this week finished a couple of dr. who stories from s2 of the reboot:

the one about the coronation tvs

and

the impossible planet

pit of satan was great though it stole mightily from the star trek movie about going to the center of the universe/galaxy/what was it and also heavily from alien (the original not the crap sequels).

rose looked really weird in it though. her face looked odd and she had a kilo of makeup. very distracting.

but overall a really good story, quasi-plagiarism and all. good performance by tennant.

also actually very star-trekky in its unabashed celebration of "humanity." was the early series like that too or is that new?

what was the name of the star trek movie? the final frontier, or something? with spock's shamanic brother, exorcizing people's pain? that was so much better. "i need my pain..." anyway...

Hah! See? That was one of the episodes I talked up a bunch!! It's clearly one of the best Who episodes ever. Bad graphics and "plagiarism" and all.

And you're talking about Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, and you're right — there are some similarities. I've never thought about that before. Interesting! Gonna have to rewatch that one.

I happen to kinda love all of the original series-based Star Trek movies (II and IV are just objectively excellent films, but all of them are fun), but most people consider Star Trek V a complete disaster. Me, I always liked it. Spock's half-brother is named Sybok! Lol!

And I love that Kirk line, "What does God need with a starship?" And then Kirk gets zapped or whatever. Hahaha.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|