View Single Post
Old 08.20.2017, 05:17 PM   #1574
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I really like Star Trek V dude. Love it. Haven't seen it in an age, but it's great. I'm not saying this episode of Who is better than that Ster Trek (though I do prefer Doctor Who as a thing to Star Trek and Star Wars), I'm just saying it was one of the episodes that made me take the show seriously. Like, as a show. That's all.

Also, you and I are two of maybe four people I've ever met who like Star Trek V. Just sayin'
i dont understand what you're just sayin'. like.. what about these numbers? i dont understand (sorry.) explain?

as for the star trek movie (forget the #) i mentioned it cuz there are some major similarities between that movie and this story. namely, "we're at this impossible place in the universe looking for a miraculous x" and the miraculous x happens to be a fallen god of sorts. the writers were heavily influenced. comparisons for me are inevitable. then again, intertextuality is a bitch. and don quijote is in every novel, or something.

but yeah i always though that was the point of dr. who--ideas. it was shown on pbs when i first saw it, ha ah ha. and with the cardboard sets the appeal had to be the ideas. i mean. i saw a bit of the first season the other day and it had the worst production values ever ha ha ha. then again nothing wrong wth that, but when there's no spectacle one has to rely on actual ideas and imagination.

btw--have you ever seen i claudius? holy fuck. that thing is the best thing ever made for peanuts.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|