View Single Post
Old 09.06.2017, 10:40 AM   #1704
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Mrs. Instigator and I rode it out with power and no flooding. I now live in the house I spent my teen years in, and it was built back when the area was a real far suburb of Houston, so the houses were built on higher ground and all elevated from the street level. The house has never ever flooded and for that I am lucky. My mother's place has roof damage and water damage.
My wife and I drove around when the rain finally stopped (8-10 inches a day for 4 days....) and we could not get more than a mile in any direction due to flood.
horrible. I have had a house flood before (early 2000's) and I know what Bytor is going through.. so demoralizing.

the Houston Police had to set up a makeshift precinct office due to the flooding and my wife read they had no food, water, toiletries, etc for these cops that had been working 20 hour shifts. we picked up 6 pizza pies and some drinks and took it to them. Turns out they had set up the "precinct" in an empty strip center. They were very grateful. One dude almost started crying..