View Single Post
Old 04.23.2018, 06:36 PM   #22447
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairs missing
Perhaps you'll find filmstruck's particular brand of trash more palatable

There's a lot of good stuff on there, including:

Taipei Story
Nobuhiko Obayashi: House, Emotion (short film)
F for Fake & Chimes at Midnight (Orson Welles)
Syndromes and a Century
Floating Weeds
Carnival of Souls
El Sur
Mario Bava: Black Sunday, A Bay of Blood
The Color of Pomegranates
Fox and His Friends (or any Fassbinder)
The Lure
The Archers: A Matter of Life and Death, I Know Where I'm Going!, Black Narcissus
Vera Chytilova: Daisies, Fruit of Paradise
Teorema
Gertrud

Also plenty of Antonioni, Mike Leigh, Wong Kar Wai, Fellini, Bergman, Kieslowski, Tati, Bunuel, Godard, Seijun Suzuki, Ozu, Oshima... I have way too many on my watchlist

One of the best things about the site is that it includes a lot of the supplements from the discs , including commentary

That list looks ridiculously good.

So just rewatched ...

Citizen Kane

It's hard to say anything about a film like this. Like Hamlet or the Mona Lisa, its greatness is almost taken for granted now, but I still find new things every time I watch it. Greatest film ever made? Who knows, but a masterpiece is a masterpiece.

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|