View Single Post
Old 10.09.2018, 01:17 PM   #2213
dirty bunny
expwy. to yr skull

dirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
This is what I heard from so many people, so I watched an episode and a half and I was just fucking *bombed-out-of-my-mind* bored. Holy shit.
Intense? Really?
It’s excruciatingly simplistic, the exposition and storytelling and so on... just mind-numbingly dumb and obvious and boilerplate.
I keep hearing the word “intense,” but Jesus Christ man, watch The Americans or something.

Maybe it deserves another shot, but if I count more than 10 abused tropes in a pilot episode with no unique spin, I’m usually out.

The only thing I noticed that made me go "oh yeah this is a TV show" is the fact that Jack Ryan's boss turns out to be Muslim when they're chasing after a Muslim guy. Maybe you're right that it has cliches in it, I don't know, I'm obviously ignorant of most of them.