View Single Post
Old 01.25.2019, 04:42 PM   #23489
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I'm not interested in winning anything. I'm not denying there's a racist element to My Darling Clementine or pretty much any Western made then - and even to some degree now. It's hardly a revelation, and I like to think there are more interesting things to talk about than something I think anyone with even a fleeting interest in the genre would consider pretty obvious. I'm not disconnecting out of denial, just boredom.
yeah... and i get much more bored of racism getting a pass everywhere because “that’s just how it was/is and who has time”

there are are a lot of people interested in the genre precisely because it shows that kind of world where they would be most comfortable owning it all and not having to worry about minorities. just look at the youtube comments and you’ll see.

we would like to think that we live in a postracial world but clearly that’s not the case.

and so to pretend that it doesn’t matter is a huge disconnect from what cultural materials mean to the culture.

as for winning, i mean i thought you were trying to prove a point in opposition to rob’s denunciations.

there is a way in which his complaints matter but we don’t just get caught up in them as the only dimension of a film. but turning away from them does not accomplish that. it just lets them sit there at the tip of the fork...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|