View Single Post
Old 03.09.2019, 08:53 AM   #23698
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I just put on my DVD copy and scanned to some of the darker scenes and it seemed fine. I wonder if it was just a bad transfer you saw.
hmmmm...

well the film was shot in digital so there are no more transfers to speak of, but encodes... a lot less difficult than scanning film. should generally not be a problem...

it was not all of the movie i had trouble with. mostly indoors scenes, and some of those grey woods

maybe my old plasma is dying at the edges of the spectrum or something. i need to get me a 4k thing, they are so cheap right now it’s crazy. but i think the witch...

ok no see... i just started googling the witch cinematography

https://www.indiewire.com/2016/03/ho...e-witch-61934/

they did push limits. maybe my monitor breaks at some of those edges. but yeah... hahaha. my eye don’t lie. a very grey low-contrast film on purpose

i can see them there but once indoors holy moses

this is in the woods. yes i get it that we dont see well in the woods and this does that effectively

this is clear enough thoug. maybe an artifact of streaming too as things sometimes lose definition over mediocre internet.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|