View Single Post
Old 06.11.2019, 04:34 PM   #5592
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
A lot of what you say reflects my thinking about 'woke' politics. It does feel increasingly like a religion (although I've had far more stimulating conversations with Catholics, or Muslims, than I have with any SJW I've met). I just hope they eventually fuck off on the unicorns they rode in on, but I don't see any sign of it yet. So I'm actually far less tolerant of them than the author of the book.

i don’t know how that works in your land but i think something has changed with the politics here.

i have this professor friend i visit from time to time when i go “to town”. she used to be a fun person to argue with. well, still is, but there was an... incident....

a couple of years ago we had a disagreement about the portrayal of women in a film and we’re sitting at this diner exchanging viewpoints when she started banging her fist on the table like kruschev with his shoe at the UN. the screamings continued later and ufff uncomfortable.

we’ve made peace since then and have continued our friendly disputes. but i saw that incident as a sort of seismograph that reflects tectonic shift. maybe it’s this whole poetry business of looking for the universal in the particular, maybe im a fool who thinks he sees “signs”, but yeah, it was a sign to me that the general rhetoric, not just of this person but of the culture, is getting more shrill at both ends of the spectrum.

i had a similar incident with a friend who used to throw big quasi-orgies but has now become a raging, preachy, self-righteous, ultramilitant... something. ayayay.... im avoiding now.

shit’s turning ugly all around.

but fuck the magas first and foremost. of all the pestilent beasts out there, they take the (shit) cake.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|