View Single Post
Old 10.26.2019, 01:07 AM   #24235
HenryHill51
little trouble girl

HenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's asses
Model Shop (1969)- One of the best films of the 60's. From the opening shot that doesn't just establish the quaintly ramshackle abode of Los Angeleno George (Gary Lockwood) but starts at one house next to an oil pump and then slowly tracks down the entire beach-side street eventually pivoting to its main location, Jacques Demy's film is hell bent on essaying the sparkling terrain of, as one character says, the "baroque geometry" of all Los Angeles. I know this recently got some repertory love for being a major influence on Tarantino and his "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood", but its sooo much better than that. That ending, wow. And the L.A. streets turning from glistening sunshine to fluorescent twilight dusk. Gah. Love this film so much.

And a few October Halloween watches:

Mirror, Miror (1991)- Evil mirror is the gateway for murderous demons. Sounds better than it really is, but Rainbow Harvest (what happened to her?) is the reason to watch it.

Witchboard (1986)- There's like 78 more of these, but I can't bring myself to watch anymore than the first.

Lost Hearts (1973)- One of those BBC Christmas/Halloween specials from the 70's. Quite creepy and atmospheric, just like I like 'em.
HenryHill51 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|