View Single Post
Old 12.03.2019, 07:32 PM   #52097
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
The vintage look/50s homage is fully intentional. This is one of Holly Golightly's solo outings. She used to be with Thee Headcoatees, a british all-female garage/rockabilly revival/blues punk band in the 90s (affiliated with Billy Childish). She has since been very prolific on her own though, continuing the vintage Americana vibes to a tee. And each of her albums has a distinct nostalgic look to it. This extends to the backside artwork as well:
https://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JP...er=allrovi.com

Oh, and if you've watched Jim Jarmusch's Broken Flowers, you might have heard this rendition of the The Greenhornes's There Is An End. Gotta say I prefer her album version though, which happens to be the closing track of "Truly She Is None Other".
i don’t know her, but yeah, looked like a julie london record or something

i did love broken flowers , and bill murray’s car music, so i will definitely go listen RIGHT NOW.

many thanks

-x

eta: didn’t do it for me

thanks anyway cuz now at least i know
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|