View Single Post
Old 02.17.2020, 09:39 AM   #81
MisterTrick
little trouble girl

MisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's asses
I am not sure what it is about Bernie-Supporters and a certain cultish devotion to him, and there really seems to be an extremely concerted effort by a lot of his online surrogates towards thuggish behavior (Chapo Trap House is one group who have been officially courted by Bernie directly and have had some of the most vile attacks towards Warren and Buttigieg)

I am not gonna lie while Warren is my #1, at this point I seriously put Bernie last despite their similar policy stances. I got into a kinda heated discussion with my cousin (who is a Media Writer and a Bernie-supporter) over the tone of his campaign and I have been completely turned off as him as the messenger, his ego of jumping back in this cycle when he could have been more powerful as king maker.

I am not really willing to be apart of a movement that is willing to target and bully people into thinking their way, I have seen this tactic before, I don't accept it even if my politics align with it or not.

On the issue of queerness, Pete doesn't want to be defined by it, he is who he is, it's not unlike Tim Cook being the CEO of Apple, he was sorta out of the closet just not on a wide scale but there was that mess where a CNBC analyst got confused on air whether he was out or not (he wasn't at the time and that was 2 years before he came out), or when I learned from my Uncles Anderson Cooper was Gay (many many years before he was publicly out)

Queerness is not a tidy box where everyone conforms to type, Many are religious like my Uncles (who are Catholic) and Many like Pete are Economic Liberals. We are pretty damn wide, and especially only so many years removed of Obergefell v. Hodges and Don't Ask Don't Tell, acceptance is still very much at an early point in the US

also I will speak to !@#$%! reputation, I have known him a long time through this forum and in person, he gave me a ride from Arthurfest with Jenn and Naomi in 05, he has a distinct perspective on politics formed from life experiences most here couldn't fathom. Plainly he knows his shit
MisterTrick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|