View Single Post
Old 08.13.2020, 03:22 PM   #24646
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
haa haaa haaaa!
that was always such an awful movie
it’s true to stereotypes rather than “true to life.” a bit of a cartoon.

for a more fun/accurate picture of the era instead let me recommend maybe... linklater’s “slackers” or even “before sunrise” (this is a small movie but does reflect fashions and attitudes of the era). “the year punk broke” of course. rose troche’s “go fish” which isn’t a great film but it’s very representative of its time, almost a documentary. “kids” too, i fucking hate that movie, but it was near documentary. oh, any of the kevin smith movies of that time, as well. gus van sant’s “my own private idaho” works too even though it’s reimagined shakespeare, and “to die for” is underrated and prescient.
“fight club” for sure. “terminator 2”? yeah. and in a way too, “the matrix.” oh, also “memento.” “empire records” maybe? “pulp fiction” of course...

ok i gtg...

Of course it’s true to stereotypes, but it’s fun.
There was even a little video in Seattle’s Experience Music Project about this, and how it really kinda just completely failed to capture what was happening in the area at the time on several levels.

But it’s fun.

“I’m walking down the avenue-hoo-hoo hoo hoo hoo”
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|