View Single Post
Old 03.13.2021, 08:53 PM   #3366
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i got me a bit of free hulu and im watching THE GREAT. which is indeed great and fucking hilarious and i love it.

I watched some of The Great last summer, just as I was getting extremely ill and felt as though I might die. Think I have a bit of a conditioned aversion as a result, because the thought of it makes me sick.

Also, it was one of those historical shows that tries to mix in pop culture songs and pretends people of color were given prestigious positions at court? I get the impulse, and I’m sure it’s well-intentioned, but it just strikes me as weird. Not necessarily bad, just — I don’t know. Rings false (on account of it being utterly false).

Also I hate the guy who plays Peter. Just gnawing away at scenery like a starved dog.
Huzzah! Russia was so punk rock tho amirite

(I also watched it just a few weeks after watching the excellent Catherine the Great series on HBO with Helen Mirren, so maybe I was biased going in.)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|