View Single Post
Old 03.13.2021, 08:59 PM   #3367
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
american gods season 3 has become a ponderous, boring, nearly unwatchable thing i keep looking at out of inertia.

slow motion fights, slow motion fuckfests, no humor, no more great stories, just tired gimmick after tired gimmick, a cemetery of great characters that went nowhere. so fucking sad because the first season was spectacular, the second season as very good, and now....

UGHHHHJ.... I’m sorry to hear it. I had high hopes as a huge fan of the book, but season 1 already had the cartoonish violence and gallons of neon-red blood and kind of a Zack Snyder on speed feel that I really didn’t think was fitting for the source material. So I never watched last season 1 and now I likely never will.

Just praying someday Terry Gilliam or someone else with a flair for the simultaneously eccentric and deeply dramatic takes a crack at a film version.

ETA: SYMBOLS!! Did I ever tell you that I finally read Gaiman’s Sandman saga in full? I can’t remember if I ever did, but it was your nudge that made me go back to it (I’d read the first volume or two previously and just never went any further).
Anyway, this was a couple years ago now, but yeah, I read that shit and it was indeed awesome, and like you said, it is indeed Gaiman’s first masterpiece, and a high point in his writing career — graphic or otherwise. Pretty sure it’s the greatest piece of graphic fiction I’ve ever read, and it ranks among his best works, right next to American Gods and Ocean At the End of the Lane.
So thanks if I haven’t said thanks already. Cheers.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|