View Single Post
Old 09.16.2022, 05:30 PM   #25288
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I have tried and tried.

I have turned off, or stopped, at least 5 of his films.

I much prefer Ingmar Bergman. There is a guy who knew how to tell a story.

I can't stand plotless films. I only watch movies to see an entertaining story.
yeah those two i mentioned have stories. contempt is about an american film producer fucking with a movie adaptation of the odissey directed by fritz lang (the real fritz lang plays the director) and with the writer of the film whose girlfriend (bardot) he's trying to poach. and alphaville is a kinda science fiction film noir.

oh it's a actually a pistol not a revolver lol

but anyway, the other shit... eeeeh not my bag. but "important" for the film form. even stuff like 80s mtv owes him ha ha ha. but yeah, there's a lot of boring, plotless, didactic, obnoxious stuff hahaha. like when he has people reading whole chunks of books into the camera. fuck that shit hahhahahaha. i've never liked being read to, not even as a little kid. really pissed me off to sit there watching people read a book like a cuban cigar factory, but instead of classic novels it's a fucking theory book.

oh and

this famous bit of piled up cars that opens "weekend" (loooong traffic jam) was a straight ripoff from cortázar, only la autopista del sur was a better short story than godard's theory "lessons". but eh, it was the 60s or something, in its context maybe this film was better than it appears from here.

nevertheless, tldr: a great formal innovator
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|