View Single Post
Old 10.04.2022, 06:10 AM   #25297
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
on purpose (no joke) i watched REALITY BITES, which i hadn't seen since it came out.

i vaguely remember not liking it the first time, so this was an exercise in perspective, i mean self-torture, which i did just for lols.

i reached 3 conclusions:

1) the 90s were fucking embarrassing
2) i'm fucking old
3) i still don't like this movie but now i realize it was kids who made it so it's ok

also funny that winona was supposed to be the pretty one, but in the scenes they're together my eyes always go towards jeanine garofalo. she was the more interesting character really, and a livelier actor, it's just that the movie wasn't about her.

then while trying to find out why the fuck the movie was set in houston i found out about the woman who wrote it and realized that what happens to the movie is what happens to winona's footage in a way lol. tarted up for mtv. ben stiller directed this at 29 hahahha. he's better at comedies though.

also: everybody smoked a lot back then or what?

Singles has aged better than Reality Bites, I’d wager.
Singles has not aged perfectly, by any means, but it’s aged better.

Also I love Winona — possibly my first on-screen crush sometime around ‘95/‘95 — but Reality Bites has never done it for me.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|