View Single Post
Old 10.04.2022, 08:19 AM   #25298
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Singles has aged better than Reality Bites, I’d wager.
Singles has not aged perfectly, by any means, but it’s aged better.

Also I love Winona — possibly my first on-screen crush sometime around ‘95/‘95 — but Reality Bites has never done it for me.
singles i think went for the whole "grunge" cliché whereas reality bites went for broader genxer themes of alienation and disaffection i guess, but i could not tell you from memory, and wouldn't know where to find singles, in fact both movies were mixed up in my brain. the lemonheads play in ethan hawke's "band" in reality bites. the other one had eddie vedder i think? someone...

the thing is i got a cheap offer to subscribe to "starz" (lol that name, but it was $2 a month) and decided to trawl it for trash movies a bit, and this one was there. and so i did it on a lark. looking for singles on purpose, idk, hahahha, ok maybe to prolong the joke

--

eta: so no singles without paying extra but "starz" (lol that name, can't keep a straight face) includes "empire records" if one wanted to get zellwegered (she's also got 3 seconds on screen in reality bites). and ah the lovely liv tyler front and center on the poster.

hahahha zellweger was playing an alcoholic near death judy garland some 3 or 4 years ago. she's fucking old, i'm fucking old. old! and winona is spock's mom now lmao.

here is winona looking a bit goth right when covid hit

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|