View Single Post
Old 10.07.2022, 05:34 AM   #25314
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yeeees. "clerks" being somewhat quintessential in that regard

and another chance in this thread for me to praise "slacker", where linklater did a lot of this before anyone, and more intelligently too.

hah, so much to respond to above this post, but i'm running out of neurons at the moment

Clerks is maybe the gold standard for a bunch of slackers doing fuckall during a movie lol. I’d probably rank it above Kicking and Screaming, but I have a soft spot for Singles, probably because of Seattle (even tho I’m pretty sure the Seattle element was part of the script repurposing you mentioned — it probably took place in LA originally).

But I love that pan-out st the end where I can spot all the apartment complexes (many of which have no doubt been replaced with, I dunno, Amazon offices or gentrified condos with roof gardens now)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|