View Single Post
Old 02.07.2023, 08:09 AM   #3628
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Succumbing to peer pressure and watching The Last of Us despite not knowing a goddamn thing about the video game.
I’ll tell you this much, it’s better than Walking Dead. Woof. That show sucks.

Also finished Succession season 3 rewatch. Best show on the planet, on the goddamn planet I say. Destined to be in the Sopranos/Mad Men/Breaking Bad/The Wire conversation for best goddamn show ever Goddammit
i have not seen walking dead in aaaaaaaages. started great and soon became an intolerable jerkoff.

i'm going to have to make time to watch succession. maybe in the summer.

===

right now when i can squeeze the weekday hours i'm watching an old-ass art history documentary called "civiliSation" (with an s).

it's fucking ooooooold! more than half a century old. and sure some of his takes might be outdated (which ones? can't say) but it's a very good program(me). i mean today's shows on the same subject are still trying to negate the man, but failing.

i mean... i saw some youtube dipshit the other day claiming that there was no renaissance haaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaa. what a stupid fucking dipshit. just spewing nonsense. youtube academics, lol.

anyway the dead white man with the deformed head depicted here is very good, and worth rewatching many times. his aspiring successors... maybe not so much. there is a contemporary bbc fat man who is more showy and does ok entertaining but does not have the same caliber of thought. what's his name. i forget. something eastern european. he's ok though. just not this.

the best part of this "civilisation" is not the big general themes everyone more or less knows already, but that he'll throw casual little comments here and there that reveal massive insight and erudition in the process of reaching those casually dropped conclusions.

i had a small case of vertigo the other day when he said something... it was an offhand comment and he did not elaborate. but i felt like the astronaut looking inside the monolith in 2001. it was such a vertigo that i actually forgot what he had said hahahah. i just had the vertigo, and i wanted to stop him and ask him about it, but he's long dead, so now i have to go back and rewatch it. which i will happily do. great, great show. it can sometimes put you to sleep because it's so quiet, but it's not boring in the least.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|