View Single Post
Old 06.16.2023, 01:19 PM   #919
hippietears
little trouble girl

hippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
on the one hand, this is like any other kind of social progress, reform, etc. two steps forward, one step back. then eventually the old recalcitrant people die and society comes around. so if that was the only thing in play, i'd say courage, endurance, change will come, etc.

on the other hand, these issues are used as a wedge in the culture wars and the attention they get is out of proportion with their impact.

and it has to be a scary thing and a royal pain in the ass to be used like cannon fodder, whether it's politics or actual war.

but when it comes to war, courage and endurance are not enough, and strategy is paramount.

so, what's the strategy?

I'm not really sure, I think we would have to find the center as to why people are acting like this, and I think it's fear. Fear of something that isn't a norm for someone that is looking in from the outside. So, what do they do in return? They shoot fear right back at us. It's a viscous cycle and it needs to be broken.

hippietears is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|