View Single Post
Old 06.16.2023, 03:58 PM   #920
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippietears
I'm not really sure, I think we would have to find the center as to why people are acting like this, and I think it's fear. Fear of something that isn't a norm for someone that is looking in from the outside. So, what do they do in return? They shoot fear right back at us. It's a viscous cycle and it needs to be broken.
i think that part of the reactionary reaction is that there was a measure of maoism that was used to advance these issues, rather than education and debate as it had happened in eras before.

there is in the "left" these days a sense of "if you're not with us you're against us," which is unfortunate because nobody is allowed to ask questions. if you express any doubts or ignorance you're branded a fascist.

so when forced to choose between maoism and fascism, many have turned to fascism.

me i've tried to cling to the unfashionable center where rationality and debate should still be paramount. and i lean left, but center-left is not a very vocal population right now. everybody is afraid of "saying the wrong thing" and being branded an enemy of the left.

meanwhile there are those who embrace the brand instead, and flee to the other end of things where they are made to feel welcome, even if they did not start as extremists in the first place.

likewise, nazism rose as a reaction to communism. their burning of the reichstag was blamed on communists. and the herd ate it up.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|