View Single Post
Old 05.09.2024, 01:44 AM   #405
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
Codeine at Chelsea, Vienna yesterday (Sept. 3rd, 2023)

I saw them at the Northcote Social Club playing a matinée show (the evening one had sold out, but it was a Saturday, so they were able to put one on mid-afternoon) about a month ago, and it was exactly as stunning as you talked about. It's impressive how much they'd stripped away everything excessive from rock (fast tempos, complicated arrangements, even things like chord changes) and were left with just powerful, emotive numbers - the way the songs just ended was an unreal experience. The 'Broken-Hearted Wine' encore was beautiful.

Blind Equation and Your Arms Are My Cocoon, co-headlining at the Thornbury Bowls Club (yes, lawn bowls), was a much more modern and chaotic experience. First time I've ever checked out any live cybergrind stuff (you milennials might have called them 'Nintendocore') from BXE and they were really powerful stuff, the keytar got everyone hyped up and James is a great frontman. YAAMC did a great job of extending out a setlist when their one non-split release is ten minutes long - this included a lengthy improv while we all stood back and let the venue staff clean up broken class - but they played kinetic, tightly-woven screamo and people got so deeply into it.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|