Thread: uk vs. us punk?
View Single Post
Old 09.26.2006, 10:54 AM   #12
Richard Pryor on Fire
100%

Richard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbrim
I voted for UK as that's where the whole punk scene started, i know it wouldnt have been around if it wasnt for New York Dolls, Richard Hell etc but you simply cant beat bands like Wire, The Fall, Buzzcocks and the like. Groups like Minor Threat and Bad Brains wouldnt have started if it wasnt for the UK Scene.

Iggy Pop, Velvet Underground, Ramones=punk scene starting.

Brit Punk for the most part is snotty annoying and derivative of it's self. I can't listen to more than 2 crass songs in a row. Buzzcocks get boring, as do the Pistols. The Clash are good, and I got a feeling I'm going to get some shit for saying that.
Nevermind the Sex Pistols
Here's The Clash!

http://pissingaway.blogspot.com/
Richard Pryor on Fire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|