View Single Post
Old 04.13.2006, 10:05 PM   #10
sonikjuice
little trouble girl

sonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelyat
Yeah, get it if you can. I think we'll have to wait a while before the DVD comes out. The VHS is what got me irrevocably into Sonic Youth. I was twelve when Kurt Cobain died. After his death, I tried to get as much Nirvana as I could get my little hands on -- bootlegs, side projects, b-sides, etc. Eventually, I bought 1991: The Year Punk Broke and quite immediately after, Sonic Youth became my favorite band. The live versions of those songs are incredible -- played with such ferocity. It took "Schizophrenia" to hook me and "Teenage Riot" to reel me in completely. And I've never looked back.

Ha! That's pretty similar to how I got into Sonic Youth. I got it for Christmas in 1994. I had Dirty at the time but was mostly into Nirvana and Dino Jr. After watching it a few times I was blown away by Sonic Youth. They were also reissuing all their albums on Geffen at the time and I ended up getting all of them over the next months. I liked how there was one track from each of their albums (plus 3 from Goo). I like the Brother James perfomance best (it actually made the album version a little disappointing)
sonikjuice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|