View Single Post
Old 12.13.2006, 10:14 AM   #113
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
soap operas are just hour long shows dealing with the endless sequences of personal interactions/betrayals/commitments/etc., ussually about rich people since rich people are the only ones with the leisure time to complicate their lives in such manners over and over again for our viewing pleasure.

some dramas are procedurals (CSI, LAW & ORDER) which just detail week in and week out the sequence of events that people go through to solve a case, or cure a duisease, or try a criminal in court.
some dramas are escapist action (Miami Vice and stupid shit like that)
some dramas are morality plays, where the main point of each episode is the internal struggle of a character or several charatcers to make a decision which is a diffcult one. (all the star trek stuff, House, ER)
some dramas are purely about the interpersonal relationships and endless twists and turns of those relationships. that is what soap operas are all about (dynasty, sopranos, dallas, melrose place, the OC, etc.)