View Single Post
Old 02.11.2007, 03:38 PM   #95
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
Prince, hands down. Saw him in SanDiego in 2001 and it was probably the worst concert I've ever been to. He would come on stage and say "Ladies and Gentleman, my genius keyboardist" and then the keyboard guy would play a 20 minute solo and Prince would leave the stage. Then he'd come back and do the same thing for every other member of the band and we'd have to listen to these instrumental funk jams. He did one 10-minute medley of all his hits, about a verse of each song, and then left. I did go see him probably two or three years ago to see if he could redeem himself, and he absolutely did. I guess he makes it known that you're going to get a concert based on what kind of mood he's in, and I've seen both moods.

I hated Air live, but I guess I should have thought about that before I went. They're a great living room/bedroom type band, but live, especially if you don't have seats, they were nothing to write home about.

I went to a couple Phish shows in the early '90s and never discovered what that fuss was all about. Had fun in the parking lots but the show never did it for me.

And Bowie was hugely disappointing. He couldn't hit the notes on Life on Mars, and for a Madison Square Garden show you expect a little bit more of a show and fanfare. It was mainly just him singing, and not doing quite the job he used to.
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|