View Single Post
Old 04.16.2007, 02:51 PM   #93
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
like i said earlier...

getting rid of guns will not solve problems like this
what about homemade bombs? knifes? etc.
we need more security at public places
more cameras
etc.etc.etc.

A good short-term plan, maybe, but that's always a slippery slope.

Really the only thing that could help would be a 180-degree societal turnaround. And we all know that won't happen. I'm not saying it to be bitter, it's just reality. It's nothing that one person or one policy could ever solve.

So it's just going to happen again, and everyone will Boo-hoo over it for a while, and then they'll get on with their lives, after internalizing absolutely none of what just happened.

I remember when Columbine happened and how freaked out I was afterward because I could easily put myself in the place of both the shooters and the victims. The social aspect of school has never been an easy thing for me, but I could say that for at least a dozen other kids I've known. So really, after Columbine, a lot of kids were being singled out as future potential murderers basically, and were really kept a close eye on by the school faculty. My own parents sat me down and had a talk with me because they knew I was being teased in school by certain people. It made me feel like I had done something wrong. The teachers of course were trying to cut down on bullying, but you could still tell they were frightened of the kids who were being bullied. So all of their good intentions were for naught. It just created a deeper divide between the bullies and the bullied. In grade school this was a bigger deal than in high school, I would think. Although people do become meaner in high school, there are more outlets for kids there too, which offers some escape. I just can't help but think about all of the kids I knew in grade school who were routinely picked on. Most were from broken homes (which eventually included even myself I suppose), some had older brothers/sisters who were into hard drugs, others were just quiet or didn't fit in because they had been moved up in school and weren't the same age as everyone else. A lot of school policies changed after Columbine, but nothing else did, which may be part of the problem.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|