View Single Post
Old 04.17.2007, 12:19 PM   #108
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
they were definately ripping off Butthole Surfers.

I can get behind that!

I made a post saying just about the same thing on the Surfer's forum awhile back (cool people, but dead bands never bring forums new blood). nobody saw the connection! there's a lot of older tracks that are straight Paul Leary rip-offs.

honestly though, the person who's had the most influence on the Lips for the longest time is Dave Fridmann. everything after he started producing sounded like Mercury Rev to me.

these are not bad things however, and in fact most bands I like take influence from other bands I like. there's very little that's cool, new and original anymore....

I may not listen to the Flaming Lips much these days, but they still have a fond place in my heart from being my favorite band for many many years.

besides the music, I can honestly say that they are among the coolest, nicest and most genuine people on the planet (and maybe the MULTIVERSE). too many other "rockstars" let that shit go to their head.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|