View Single Post
Old 05.02.2006, 07:43 PM   #60
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
As a registered & legal voter, you can write Rob in as a candidate for President.

Illegal immigrants cannot vote. They have no incentive or even right to be part of the political process. I believe I've just illustrated yet another way that being illegal is not only a disservice to the illegal alien, but also to society as a whole. If anyone sees racial bias in any of my posts on this subject then it is quite likely they that have some issues with racism, because I'm merely stating the objective truth of the matter in a layman's fashion.

During the last century, my mother's family came from Italy & my father's from Ireland.

I think you're taking the issue of illegal immigration for the sake of your parents. It's great that your parents were able to come from other countries, but the fact of the matter is that your parents were better off than the illegal immigrants when they came to the country.

I don't see a "racial bias". What I see is a guy who feels very passionate about the process of becoming an American the "legal" way because his parents when through the process. I used to feel the same way about my parents(from Japan). But, as I got older, I've grown to accept the fact that maybe the law just doesn't always add up and that there are exceptions to the rule, like having no money with 3 kids and no healthcare living in Mexico.

I respect your stance, but all I can maybe ask is that you really try to look at it from an "illegal immigrant's" point of view because so far, I don't think you've shown any kind of compassion or sympathy for them even if they broke the law.

I'm curious to know how you feel about the judicial system, "prisons & prisoner's rights" to be specific. Because if you apply your way of thinking to the problems of prisons, then you really lack alot of compassion for the human race.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|