View Single Post
Old 05.03.2006, 10:56 AM   #83
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
True, it's not black and white. Everything is political nowadays too. What fuels alot of this anger is how divided the country is, and specifically the right. The traditional conservative viewpoint is to put a halt on immigration and especially the illegal variant. But now, that is being sort of pushed to the side and ignored by the Bushie conservatisim, b/c their new focus is on the eternal bottom line of greed, money. This side are the same people who push outsourcing..again, Bush influence. So of course, the Bushies can now show how compassionate they r on this, and sell it as such. But it is hollow for the most part.

Don't be swayed. If we do not control the borders and account for illegals etc.,the driving force and the trend will continue to be to drive the cost of workers down.

I work at a major publishing firm, and we have just set up two major pipelines, circuits, to Indian firms to begin sending heavy data about our operations. We're hearing outsourcing. It's the same principle. Lowest costs possible for business, and american workers getting axed. What kills me is they say they're doing what's best for the company AND it's employees. haha. But how's that, by becoming ex-employees?

I got off on a tangeant, but it's relative, nonetheless. We have got to figure out a way to thwart this trend of lowest cost priority, or else it's no more middle class, and low, barely liavable, wages for american workers and ultimately everyone; immigrants, illegals included, save the top echalon of tax break millionaires. That's the trend.

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|