View Single Post
Old 05.24.2007, 11:09 PM   #42
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicfallinglikesnow
The only good thing they did with the Special Editions is in IV when Chewie and Han are running away and the stormtroopers first say, "close the blast doors" and then "open the blast doors"...Before the special editions they didn't say the first one so it didn't make sense. Other than that, meh.

There are a few other good things about the special edition- like when the falcon arrives at Yavin and the guy has the scanner and you see nothing, you now see the Falcon in the distance. Most of the CGI space shots look pretty good, except for the Reporting In/Lock S-Foils approach scene. I freaking hate that shot.

Also, they added a scene where Biggs and Luke talk before the battle. I knew that Biggs was important because I had the Star Wars kids picture books and they include the tosche station scene in the ANH one.

I was excited when the Special Edition was coming out because I thought I was gonna see the Tosche station scene with Luke and Biggs but it disappointed there.

I sort of think it sucks that Lucas won't release old deleted scenes (although I did manage to see it eventually)

Oh, plus the Special Edition didn't catch a lot of bloopers that initially made it past (after Vader kills Kenobi and the blast door is closing, you can see his lightsaber is white because it wasn't rotoscoped)

My main gripes with the Special edition were the horrible CGI additions, the additional wampa shots, luke's scream when he falls which was subsequently taken out, the changing of the "bring me my shuttle" line and additional scene added, "jedi rocks", and that they took out the Ewok celebration song and added the scenes showing all the planets celebrating.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|