View Single Post
Old 06.11.2007, 01:24 PM   #13
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck norris
How do you rate the Williamsburg music scene?

I have been listening to !!!, Clap Your Hands And Say Yeah, Enon, The Rapture, TV On The Radio, Yeah Yeah Yeahs. And I really like most of it.

It's like funk music finally reached New York....

Funny, I always think of these bands as the commercial future of that scene...there's a huge brooklyn oriented scene (including grrrnpoint, bushwick, bed-sty, Ft Greene, etc). Did people really move to the LES so they could be near the Strokes? Damn that is grim. But there is the whole kneeling thing that came out of the Vanishing Voice and Double Leopards (or did it come out of Son of Earthbone on Flesh?), with its spinoff bands like Religious Knives and Zaimph and GHQ.

I lived in Wburg in the late 80's and don't miss it all. It remains one of the most toxic areas in the US. Its still as filthy and dirty as ever but rents are insane. But you can get sushi there now!
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|