View Single Post
Old 07.16.2007, 05:22 PM   #85
darthblav
little trouble girl

darthblav ain't too shabby
Wow, after reading these treads I can not believe all the different events / stories people have at this landmark show!

I was right by the sound board and for the most part had a decent experience. The sound seemed quiet and could have been turned up more. They seemed to get the mix better as the set played on. The one thing I thought was crazy was the amount of scenesters at the show. I never saw so many people constaintly keep leaving. Also like other people mentioned, there were a lot of people drunk or on something.

My one story is that right as they were ending trilogy some drunk dude passed out right by us, which interrupted us enjoying the end of daydream nation. Everyone seemed to help out to make sure this idiot was ok, by clearly out of the way and getting help (which took sometime to get a response from the staff). I was glad the dude was alright, but the timing could not have been worse. By the start of the encore everything was resolved. I also could not believe how many people left after the album and that did not stick around for the encore.

Despite the crowd and some early sound issues, I thought it was one of the best shows I have ever scene. I could not believe the energy they brought and how great the material sound after having it in the vault for many years. It was definitely worth it all!

Excelsior!