View Single Post
Old 08.01.2007, 01:23 PM   #39
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
Pennyroyal Tea on In Utero (An unpopular opinion)
I sort of agree. I always thought that song was stronger as acoustic. The version on With The Lights Out is amazingly personal. They really should have swapped the album version for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
Out of all of these albums you mention, the ones I still listen to the most are Evol and The Replacements' Let It Be. You didn't indicate any acknowledgement that "Black Diamond" is a cover. It's a KISS song...a good KISS song, and it's a great cover by The 'Mats.

"Bubblegum" often gets singled-out in this manner; In no way is it so horrible that it deserves such treatment. There's plenty to enjoy about "Bubblegum." And, it's also a cover. It's originally by Kim Fowley and appears on his rather nutty 1968 album, Outrageous. Again, you didn't mention it was a cover in your post.
I wasn't even aware that Black Diamond was a cover. Huh. Anyways I don't listen to KISS so that really explains that then.

As for Bubblegum, I know it's a single and a decent single in it's own right but it really throws off the atmosphere of the really dark/surreal EVOL. Expressway to Yr. Skull ends on such an excellent conclusion of all the other tunes. As I stated elsewhere in this thread, Bubblegum just doesn't belong the album (not to say it's a shit song).
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|