View Single Post
Old 08.18.2007, 01:33 PM   #73
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
I think this is why I'm such a huge Sonic Youth fan. They're always just a bit older than me.

It seemed really important to spend my 40th birthday like this:

which of course has nothing to do with "youth culture", but was still lots of fun, and pretty far from a "normal" 40th birthday. But then, by day, I now own a home, have a pregnant wife, and a really good job doing something socially responsible. I guess I've left the "self-destruction is cool" side of my youth pretty far behind, but good riddance. When I saw Sonic Youth in Portland this summer I think I was one of about two or three people over 21 on the floor, because drinking was allowed upstairs in the balcony. The people up there looked really tired and bored, while the kids seemed to be having a great time.

Bloc Party can hardly be the "old guard of indie rock" as they aren't even indie rock in the old school, as in independent, sense! They're just a slighty better than average '80s revival band.

that's pretty ass kickin dead air