View Single Post
Old 08.23.2007, 11:05 PM   #14
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Well, my point is, I don't really listen to music for the vocals (much less the lyrics), I haven't cared much for vocalists or lyrics for years, and I prefer instrumental music... vocals are rarely a selling point for bands I like... I mean, unless we're talking about Cocteau Twins, some folk singers, Slowdive, and maybe a few others, vocals rarely take prominence over the main instruments and are hardly a focal point in the grand picture... So, that's my point: Since I don't really care about vocals, I've learned to overlook them in my enjoyment of music. I can admit most vocalists are awful, but that's USUALLY okay if the music is good.. it doesn't distract from the music unless the vocals are just AWFUL (glassjaw dude) or just embarassing.. I mean, that Atreyu band.. jesus, they have some good music, but the singer(s) are so embarassingly awful that I could never even bother to listen to them.

On the other hand, there are tons of death metal bands with horrible -- just HORRIBLE -- vocalists but they just blend in with the incredible music enough that it's okay. So, that's my point. Vocalists, in the grand scheme of things, are very rarely important enough for me to write off or care about a band. Otherwise, I'd like Linkin Park (that guy is a pretty great singer!).

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|