View Single Post
Old 09.01.2007, 01:56 PM   #11
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I know exactly what you mean. Definitely the most difficult album of theirs to try and look back on with any kind of objectivity. I think I'd have the same problem with everything up to DDN basically. Those albums are sort of too tied up with personal growing up stuff. Much easier for me to look at the later Geffen stuff, when the band had far less of a personal significance for me.

CIS is just this awesome big black thing in my life. Always has been, probably always will be.

Actually Washing Machine is way more like that for me, in terms of tied into personal baggage, than Confusion. I went through a divorce listening to Washing Machine and In Utero both constantly, with a healthy helping of Why Do They Call Me Mr. Happy by NoMeansNo thrown in. Some records welcome emotional baggage whole heartedly.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|