View Single Post
Old 10.08.2007, 07:04 AM   #107
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

Despite what i said about minority parties, I'll probably be voting Green again this election. And if they got into power they'll probably be just as big corporate whores, only this time they'll be turning tricks for Ben n Jerry's and the Wild Bean Cafe. Bet your life that Paul Mccartney will do their campaign song too!
It's about picking the lesser of two evils really... I doubt any of the proposed changes to the election and political system presented here might happen anytime in this millenium. For example, Singapore, where I live has had an electoral system that is free from rampant campaigning and institutes a closely-controlled system of funding, since its inception; nevertheless, for every election since the beginning, voters have only ever chosen one single party. Obviously, economic might is a very big issue with voters, and Bush et al have the werewithal to secure huge amounts of funds that, ultimately, is the only thing voters look for... In the end, I think it's better to change the mindset of the people than regulate the elected officials. So I say, vote Green if you have to...