View Single Post
Old 11.24.2007, 08:23 AM   #105
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn Curtain
I haven't really checked her out, but she's strongly influenced by Brigitte Fontaine isn't she ?

It never came to my mind.
A girl I knew saw her before me and mentioned Catherine Ringer, which I thought odd. Still, when she took the stage and moved, that connection clicked.
She pays attention to both lyrics and music - one thing many French artists don't do, being less demanding on their music (less than me).

Her musicians are quite quite good: Alice Boté, from Jad Wio and Fred Poulet, nearly drove me nuts, and Michael Garçon too, from AS Dragon (who could provide what the Valentins gave to Brigitte Fontaine, a poppy aspect).
She's funny in between songs, and likes at time to hit her head with a tambourine with a grin on her face, as if she was a bit mental. That's the sole other connection I could find with Brigitte Fontaine, who played with that image; a bit far-fetched.

I bought her album after seeing her live twice recently. She rocks a lot / kicks ass (typing that : a dream come true) / and covers Gainsbourg with tons of joy and energy.

She'll probably be recording a new album early 2008.
She's toured a lot, even played in my town, a thing noone interesting had ever done (well, from my window the day after, I heard Superbus covering Youth Against Fascism).
Expect her to be less than 50 kms of your hometown next year.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|