Thread: Effects
View Single Post
Old 12.12.2007, 01:13 PM   #1116
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
For those who have a Deluxe Memory Man and want to do a mod to increase the delay time (from the stock 550msec. and doubling it to a whopping 1100msec. or 1.1sec.!) i did it using a submini spdt (or dpdt) switch to alternate between the doubled and normal settings and its pretty damn fine if you ask me, some slight distortion but i can live w/ it for my purposes! a nice mod that is a better option than tinkering w/ the trimpots and potentially putting the unit into a nonusable state without sending it out for repair.

also there is a mod that gives more speed variation on the vibrato... may or may not attempt this one as i don't really use the vibrato much on this unit.

check here:
http://germaniumsky.com/gsky/ideas2.html
refer to the photos on the right.

for the delay mod, you'll need:
a spdt or dpdt switch
wire 22 gauge or better stranded or solid/stranded combo (solid is not really recommended but can be used)
0.1 microfarad (u) capacitor (i don't recommend ceramic, use metallic/film)
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|