Thread: Shortwave Radio
View Single Post
Old 02.20.2008, 06:48 PM   #342
ithinkimissyou
stalker

ithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's asses
Bump. Sorry, I'm spamming. Caffeine/Alcohol overdose. But over the last few days, after ripping apart an old electrical lead and tying the wires end to end, and winding up with a 40 foot longwire - my little radio has become a shortwave receiver worthy of the title. Like anyone who listens regularly to Shortwave - I just love the sound. I find it easier to listen to garbage propaganda from Moscow when it sounds like it's after traveling those thousands of miles to get here. It adds character. In contrast I couldn't listen to crystal clear Irish FM stations. To a dispassionate observer, that's quite hard to explain. To a shortwave listener, it's perfectly understandable. Anywho, I've been listening to everything from the aforementioned VoR, Radio Ukraine, Radio Sweden, Radio Prague.. to VOLMET stations, to numbers stations like the Lincolnshire Poacher. I've also picked up a few transmissions on 11.175USB - the USAF GHFS. If you have the time, it's a really awesome way to while away an afternoon or night, turning a tuning dial and listening to different voices from around the world - and then occasionally stumbling across transmissions to spies in the field. I've also picked up and decoded MFSK & PSK31 transmissions from Eastern Europe which was cool. Shortwave is a band that is constantly intruiging, something the WFM broadcast bands will never match.