Thread: Pot
View Single Post
Old 05.26.2006, 05:01 PM   #58
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I don't like weed. I don't like pot heads. I don't like people whining on about the 'benefits' of weed. I don't like the 'alcohols the biggest drug...' blah blah argument.

Weed is a drug. We all have drugs. We all have our preferred drugs. Lets not pit them against each other, because drunks and cokeheads win by force of shouting.

I like people who are unapologetic about their drug intake. I like people who don't feel the need to make excuses. I like people who realise that drinking is a lot more social than sitting around listening to bad psychedelic records (ie weed and booze are not opposed). I like booze, but don't expect other people to. I like most drugs, but I can't stand weed. Choice is the operative word, I don't care what people do, so long as both parties have the choice, it's a-ok with me.

I am a little drunk as I type though.

except for the "liking all drugs" bit, i agree with this post entirely.

now some of my thoughts: i've never played music with more than a little buzz from drinking, the drunker i've been is once i was beginning to lose balance while onstage but i've never been drunk while playing guitar, mainly because i think it's a waste of time, i don't feel inspired when i'm drunk, i mostly feel horny and destructive, not creative. the one time i did weed and jammed with people, i felt like i was the guitarist in creed, meaning like the most uncreative simpleton of a musician, just trying to hold my own and try to play something that i knew sounded like crap with people playing out of time and out of tune and doing this super exaggerated expressions like "this music is SOOOOOOOOO great!!!! we should smoke pot everytime we jammm!!!" while it sounded like four deaf idiots.

i don't like to smoke weed because it makes me introspective and lazy and that's something i battle every fucking day, i don't like to take something to make me feel this way. also, i don't like weed because pot makes most people think they are better than people who don't burn, they think they have this amazing superhuman perception of reality that's beyond what a normal person has and that's a load of crap. people on weed are elitists by nature and i hate that kind of people (for proof, look at suchfriends, even though he really came thru on his last post on the holocaust thread, and remember how marley used to be when he first came on the board?).

i knew a girl who did crack, i met her when she started doing that shit, she was really funny and sarcastic and had a band and had a great voice, later on, she became this lazy moodswinging fuck up who didn't care about anything other than freebasing and bitch about her boyfriends or lack of boyfriends, i lost track of her two years ago, i last saw her on the msn messenger where she told me how she was fine and happy and shit, but it seemed very forced to me. i hope she's doing ok.

i had some rough times lately, and i've considered doing drugs, but i don't even get regularly drunk because of my problems, so getting hooked up on something dumb doesn't seem like it's something that can happen to me, i guess it has to do with personality.

i really hope your brother and sister get better, julian.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|